Monday, April 26, 2010

Book Review- Friendship for Grownups by Lisa Whelchel

Many of you may know Lisa Whelchel as Blair from The Facts of Life. I watched this show with my mom when I was little and will still turn it on today if I see that it is on. This is mainly why I chose this book. Also the subject is one that I was interested in as I've had a hard time with friendships, particularly in my adult life.
The main portion of the book is Lisa's personal story. She discusses many different types of friendships she's had, what went wrong, what went right. I found it very informative and it really got me thinking about my own friends, past and present. The appendix of the book is more of a "how to" list of things you can say or do to strengthen your friendships.
This was a quick and easy read. I felt that it contained a lot of useful information that could be applied to most any person's life. Lisa is a very spiritual person and it definitely comes through in her book. While I'm not a spiritual person I didn't feel that this distracted from the main intent and message of her book.
I would recommend this to others.

As a member of BookSneeze.com I was given a free copy of this book with the agreement that I would read the entire book and give a personal review on my blog and another consumer website. I have not been paid or told what to say in this review. Other than to include a blurb such as this at the end of my review. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment